- 7 days a week technical support via phone (not 24 hours)
- Excess data usage charged in data blocks at $10 per 1GB
Prepaid Mobile Broadband
Grab a Prepaid Mobile Broadband service to connect your iPad, tablet or laptop to the internet. Choose a SIM Starter Pack for your tablet or a Modem Starter Pack if you want to hook up all your devices at once. It’s easy to top-up your data through Express recharge or My Vodafone. Data contained in the Starter Pack expires as per expiry period above. You can use Vodafone 4G in 4G areas if you have an active prepaid recharge and 4G device. 4G in selected cities in Australia. Outside these areas, you get Broadband Speeds in our 3G areas. There are over 20,000 places to recharge, or just do it online. Check your device is compatible to the coverage areas you will use. Actual speeds vary due to things like device capability, location & network congestion. See vodafone.com.au/coverage
Uploads & Downloads
uploads and downloads are counted in your monthly usage allowance.
Your Download Speed on Vodafone
Your download speed is affected by where your location and the coverage of the network in that location:
- 4G LTE: brings data up to 15 times faster than the Vodafone 3G network and twice as fast as the Vodafone 3G+ network with speeds between 2 - 40 Mbps
- 3G+ HSDPA Mobile: can operate at up to 3.6Mbps (with typical speeds quoted by Vodafone in the 600Kbps to 1.4Mps range).
- 3G: which usually operates up to 384kbps download speed.
- GPRS: which operates at 50kbps when you are outside metropolitan areas.
Features & Benefits
Unused data rolls over when a recharge is made before expiry (you can rollover up to 50GB of unused data in Australia if you recharge your service before your expiry date). Included data for use in Australia only. Unused data is forfeited after 18 months.
Vodafone Network Satisfaction Guarantee
Vodafone is now offering a 30 day Network Satisfaction Guarantee on all postpaid mobile services to ensure you are completely satisfied with your network service. Within the first 30 days if there are network issues that cannot be resolved you can cancel your contract with no penalty fees - just pay for the credit you have used.
This tablet plan is subject to the full terms and conditions of the carrier.