Why choose an Optus Mobile Phone Plan?
Optus is Australia’s second largest mobile phone service provider, and with good reason. Despite facing enormous competition, Optus has made enormous investments in the reach and quality of its phone network across the country, and now can boast 98.5% population coverage and blazing fast network speeds on its 4G Plus network.
What are the different types of Optus Mobile Phone Plans?
The Optus phone plan range includes all of the options available elsewhere.
- Optus Phone Plans including a new phone
- Optus My Plan Flex (new phone lease plans)
- Optus SIM Only no contractplans
- Optus SIM Only phone plans on a 12 month contract
- Optus Prepaid Mobile Phone Plans
How Much Should You Expect To Pay?
Optus quick facts:
- The Optus network covers 98.5% of the population including over 700 regional towns across Australia.
- Optus supports WiFi Calling, allowing you to use a local WiFi network to make phone calls. This is great in areas where coverage is patchy.
- Optus also supports Voice Over LTE (or VoLTE) which places called over the 4G network and lets you use the internet at 4G speeds while you are on a phone call.
- Optus customers can make HD Voice calls with a compatible smartphone. These calls are much clearer than standard voice calls.
- Optus often has one of the best new phone ranges available, usually in excess of 20 models to choose from.
What do you get with an Optus Mobile Phone Plan?
Similar to the other big Australia phone service providers, Optus phone plans are packed with extra features and bonus offers. In general these plan features are available on all Optus plans, but there are exceptions, so make sure you keep an eye out for features you want when selecting a plan.
Optus customers wth a My Plan Plus phone plan get exclusive access to all 380 English Premiere League football matches each season via the dedicated Optus Sport app for iOS and Android. On top of this, you can also watch live Cricket Australia matches too.
Optus Sport is included for free with phone plans of $45 or more, and on certain home broadband plans.
Data-free video and music streaming
While other providers might give you a limited-time subscription to a single streaming service (like Apple Music) Optus customers get to stream content from a huge number of these services for free, including Netflix, Stan and Spotify.
Data-Free Video and Music Streaming
Data-free streaming is available on all Optus postpaid phone plans, including SIM Only plans. If you choose an Optus Prepaid Ultimate Plan you get free music streaming and up to 10GB of video streaming each month.
If you have multiple Optus postpaid phone plans on the same account you can pool all of the data from these plans together and share it across all of these services. This is great for families where you might have a single high-data plan and several lower cost plans sharing the data pool/. It is also a great idea if you use multiple internet devices, like phones, tablets and laptops.
International Phone Calls
Optus is one of the more generous providers for anyone who needs international phone calls as part of their phone plan. Most Optus phone plans include at least some international call credit, with several offering unlimited calls and SMS.
Included international calling destinations include: Austria, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam.