Searching for a phone plan that not only offers great value and features, but also gives you the warm fuzzies? Socially-conscious provider Jeenee Mobile may just be what you're looking for.
The on-the-rise company was originally established to help Australians living with disabilities stay connected and supported via mobile, but has since grown to provide a truly competitive alternative to big-name telco plans.
Jeenee uses the profits from its postpaid plans to donate free mobile services to individuals with disabilities, through the organisation's Make a Difference program. Thanks to the support of Jeenee subscribers, hundreds of Australians are now enjoying the independence and confidence that mobile technology brings.
In addition to using its powers for good, Jeenee Mobile is all about rewarding its loyal customers with generous data inclusions and quality service. As winners of Money Magazine's 2015 Best Value Mobile Plan for high usage customers, Jeenee is outshining many better-known providers with its pricing and products.
- Profits go towards Australians with disabilities
- Contract and no-contract options
- Offers service on the Optus 4G Plus network where available
- Long-term users are rewarded with extra data every six months
- Award winning value
- In-office customer service team
- No international roaming option
- Highest data plans are 3G-only
- SIM only, customers must bring their own phones
- Customer service team small, and helpline only staffed during working hours
Value for Money
Coverage & Speed
We've put together a checklist of features and options available on Jeenee plans. Below is a snapshot of what is available, but you'll find the full breakdown at the bottom of this page.
How we rate Jeenee Mobile
How Jeenee compares on pricing
Whether you're after big data or less than 1GB per month, Jeenee's plans and pricing remain highly competitive. Plans start at $9.90 per month for 500MB on a month-to-month contract, and each option comes with unlimited national calls, SMS and MMS - making Jeenee's entry-level plan the cheapest unlimited calling plan in Australia.
Want something bigger? $25 per month with Jeenee can nab you 4GB per month (no contract), 5GB (on a six-month plan) or 6GB (on a twelve-month plan). Keep in mind that the longer you commit to Jeenee, the more included data you'll receive for the same price - but if you want even more value from your Jeenee plan, you'll need to go large.
The $50 plan comes with 14GB of monthly data without a contract, 16GB if you sign up for six months, and 18GB on a twelve-month plan. And if this isn't enough data, Jeenee has you covered below.
Jeenee Unlimited Plan Comparison
If you're not fussed about superfast 4G coverage, but still want a tonne of data for your dollars, Jeenee also offers two mammoth plans on Optus' 3G network. For $45 per month, you'll get an impressive 30GB, and for $74 monthly, you can take home a massive 90GB.
Both of these plans also include unlimited national calls, unlimited national SMS and MMS, and are offered on a month-to-month, no-contract basis. If you're in an area without 4G coverage, or are happy with sticking to 3G, both these deals offers some serious value.
Jeenee has a small range of BYO phone plans available: this includes both month-to-month on longer term contracts, plus data-only SIMs for your tablet. Here is a quick overview of what you'll find on the Jeenee website.
How Much Should You Expect To Pay?
What to know about Jeenee coverage
Jeenee is an Optus MVNO. Not sure what that means? Let's break it down.
In short, Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) buy service from the network operators (Telstra, Optus or Vodafone) and sell it on to their own customers. Without the massive overheads that the operators deal with, like marketing budgets, huge workforces, retail stores, etc, the MVNOs can offer the same services at much cheaper rates.
Jeenee operates on the Optus 3G and 4G networks, and it offers the same coverage and performance that you would expect if you were an Optus subscriber. You'll get a signal in the same places, and download speeds as fast as your phone is capable of.
However, if you already know that you don't get good Optus coverage in your area, then Jeenee probably isn't right for you. Because Jeenee doesn't own any network towers of its own, it can't fill in any gaps that the Optus network doesn't reach. Luckily, Optus claims to cover an estimated 98.5% of Australians, so most users shouldn't have a problem (particularly if you're in a major city).
What to keep in mind when comparing Jeenee
- Data bumps: If you stay on a contract-free Jeenee plan longer than six months, you'll now receive an automatic data bump-up for every half year you stick around. Data increases will depend on which plan you pick, but on the $35 plan, you'll go from 10GB per month for your first six months, to 11GB for the following six, and then 12GB after your first year.
- Data packs: If you run out of data before your month is up, you can add an optional data pack to your 4G plan to tide you over. There's three data add-ons available: 1GB for $10, 2.5GB for $20, and 4GB for $30.
- Customer service: As Jeenee is quite small, its customer service line is only staffed on working hours Monday through to Friday. While you can still contact Jeenee via email and social media, you may need to wait for help if you encounter a problem on weekends, public holidays, or after hours.
- 24/7 HELP: Customers with additional needs (such as those living with disabilities, the elderly, or the very young) can add the 24/7 HELP Service to their plan for $19.95 per month. HELP offers speciality service to phone users concerned about safety, so it's ideal for individuals who want to remain independent, but still know that assistance is just a touch of a button away.
- International calling: All of Jeenee's 4G plans of $30 per month and above feature an included international call allowance. If you're on the $30 plan, you'll get $50 of international calls each month; $35 customers will get $300 worth; and $50 customers get up to $500 in international calls every month.
Want to contact Jeenee?
Awards and Recognition
Social Enterprise Awards Finalist 2015
Money Magazine Best Value Award 2015
ACOMMS Award for Community Contribution 2015
Beyond the facts and figures, you probably have questions about Jeenee. Below is some of the questions we're asked most, but if you'd like to know something else, get in touch.
Questions we're asked about Jeenee
How we rate Jeenee
We've created a checklist of features to help benchmark what each provider offers its customers and you can can expect.
|Auto data top-ups|
|Included international calls|
|Unlimited international calls|
|Included international SMS|
|International roaming option available|
|Included international roaming|
|Bundled content subscriptions|
|Data-free media streaming|
|Unlimited on-net calls|
|4G network access|
|Automatic prepaid recharge|
|Long expiry prepaid - 6 months|
|Long expiry prepaid - 12 months|
|Discount for upfront purchase|
|No flagfall on prepaid plans|
This checklist is created by the telco experts in the WhistleOut team and includes plan features available in market
|Customer Forum or Blog|
|Manned Twitter account|
|Manned Facebook account|
|Brick & Mortar Stores for support|
|24 hours phone support|
|Usage monitoring apps||
iOS and Android
|% of Australian population covered||98.5|
|4G network access|
|Number of phones||N/A|
|Prepaid and Postpaid phones||N/A|
|Feature phones available||N/A|