Just in time for the release of the iPhone 5, Vodafone will be making changes to its post-paid voice plans for both personal customers and businesses. The new plans come into effect Friday September 14, and we’ve updated our site accordingly to reflect what’s new.
The big changes to take note of are:
1. Removal of the $19 plan completely.
2. Remaining monthly plans will go up in price by one dollar:
- $29 plan becomes $30 plan
- $39 plan becomes $40 plan
- $49 plan becomes $50 plan
- $59 plan becomes $60 plan
- $79 plan becomes $80 plan
- $99 plan becomes $100 plan.
3. The $40 and $50 plan will allow customers to select one of two options:
- Infinite Text: texts to anyone in Australia and overseas, excluding special numbers and services, or
- On Net: standard national voice calls to anyone on Vodafone or 3
Both Infinite Text and On Net will be included as part of Vodafone’s $60, $80 and $100 plans. These will replace the $59 plan, $79 Infinite and $99 Infinite plans.
4. To allow for the Infinite Text and On Net options, there will be changes to Call Value inclusions on the $50 and $60 plans.
- $50 plan previously included $550 of value, but this is now $500.
- $60 plan was $750 and is now $700.
5. There will be a reduction in data inclusions on the $50, $60 and $100 plans:
- $50 – was 1GB, now 750MB.
- $60 – was 1.5GB, now 1GB.
- $100 – was 4GB, now 3GB.
6. SIM only plans have been restructured to match phone contract plans, and a $35 SIM only option has been introduced.
- $20 SIM only plan will be equal to the $30 contract plan.
- $30 SIM only plan = $40 contract plan.
- $35 SIM only plan = $50 contract plan.
- $45 SIM only plan = $60 contract plan.
- $65 SIM only plan = $80 contract plan.
- $85 SIM only plan = $100 contract plan.
Vodafone’s new pricing tables and text advertising will also include the cost of making a two-minute standard national call, the cost of a standard national text and the cost of using one megabyte of data, in accordance with the new ACMA legislation.
You can view and compare the new plans here on our Vodafone page.