- Voicemail included in usage allowance
- Video calls included in the included value (only available on phones that support video calls)
- 13 / 1300 numbers included in usage allowance
- Free / bonus talk time includes video calls (3G)
- Included data allowance can be used for tethering
Mobile Internet Access or Unlimited Blackberry Email
With this plan, you can choose between:
- Mobile internet / data allowance, or
- Unlimited POP3 BlackBerry email (if you are purchasing a BlackBerry phone). The POP3 email must be via BlackBerry email - third party applications that require a BlackBerry Data connection will be blocked from use.
Included Calls in Monthly Cap Value
- Voice Calls - Standard National voice calls
- SMS & MMS - Standard national SMS and MMS
- International SMS
- Video Calls - National video calls
- Push to talk
- National call diversions
- Calls to 13/1300 and 1800 numbers
Features & Benefits
Free Calls on Same Optus Account - ‘yes’ for 5 - Free 5 Minute Calls on Same Account
This Optus cap offers 5 minute national voice calls (up to 1,000 minutes per month) to other mobiles on the same Optus account, 24/7. This means that these calls do not count towards the usage of your monthly included value. If you talk for longer than 5 minutes, the Standard rates then apply after first 5 minutes. The numbers that you call must be on the same Optus Account.
Unlimited Access to Facebook / Twitter / MySpace: (in Australia)
Access the following sites from your Optus mobile on this cap plan and you'll get unlimited access to these sites from your Optus mobile where the use of these within Australia won't count towards to the usage of your monthly data allowance.
No Charge for Tethering!
Optus Caps now offer no charge for tethering (no monthly charge) to access parts of your data plan by using your phone / iPhone as a modem. To tether your phone, you use your mobile as a modem and connect this to your laptop or computer to access the internet.
Mobile Internet Packs - Add More Internet Access
You can add a Mobile Internet Plan (data plan) to this Optus Max Cap Plan to access the mobile internet on your phone.
With Mobile Internet access, you can use the web browser (or applications) on your phone to access websites in the palm of your hand. You can can also access content directly from Optus under the name of Optus Zoo - press on the Optus Zoo icon on your mobile phone, you’ll be able to access optimised versions of websites like eBay, You Tube, MTV, Domain.com.au and much more. Additional changes may apply to access content and subscriptions from Optus Zoo.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Points Available
Earn two Qantas Frequent Points per dollar on Optus personal services when you link your Optus account to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account
Games are available as downloads at an additional price per game. It is important to have a compatible handset for the selected game.
Sports and Footing Tipping competition wrap ups are available by SMS, MMS. Charges apply.
View the Optus Cap Terms & Conditions